Sunday, July 22, 2012

Duct Tape Anyone?

Pic by L. Kolp
Duck Tape is a brand of duct tape


Not too long ago, I saw teenagers wrapped in duct tape walking waddling around an Austin mall. At first I thought it was a flash mob, but then came to the conclusion that they were just seeking attention on a Friday night. I have since heard about prom dresses made from duct tape. I saw someone driving a car that had been fixed with duct tape. There are so many uses for this sticky stuff that now comes in bold colors and designs. Use your imagination to write a flashy fiction piece involving this magical binding tape.

5 comments:

  1. Is Duck tape strong like Duct tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's just as strong. This is the brand name.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... I can picture a pair of amazing shoes with some of these colors & prints! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My story for this is posted today on Two Voices, One Song, Laurie. It's a departure from my usual fare. Hope you like it.

    http://2voices1song.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. At my camp, Camp Gottalikachallenge ( I will explain later) All we belive in is Duck Tape. We have made costumes out of Duck Tape. This is becuase we are the wacky and zaney part of Society that is NH Destionation Imagination.
    Destination Imagination (or DI) is about being yourself and having fun, along with finding different ways to find a solutions to problems. We compete in compitions on levels called Regionals, Nationals, and Globals. We have a song about duct tape and pretty much, we worship duct tape.

    ALL HAIL THE TAPE!

    ReplyDelete